Monday, August 1, 2011

MOLLY!!!!!

About a month ago, we could start to smell something funny in our house. Couldn't quite put our finger on it. The hotter it got, the worse you could smell it! Till one day Scott put his nose to the carpet. . . ."EEEWWW! come smell this. Does this smell like pee?" "sniff sniff" "Yep! sure does!"

We fully trusted our dogs to have pretty much free rain of our house while we were out, and gone to work. I would come home for most of my lunches and let them have a potty break.

We would spontaneously check for piddle marks/wet spots, but we almost always came back with good results. Little did we know the epidemic that was slowly building on our main floor carpet downstairs. Molly must of pottied ten seconds after we left, so by the time we got home, it was dry.

We shampooed and shampooed, and even tried home remedies to try and get the stink out. While doing research on home remedies online, they said to pull out a black light and the Urine marks would show up opaque. Sure enough! It was pretty much DISGUSTING ! ! ! ! We came to the conclusion that we were just going to have to replace it.

Let the gangster demolition begin!

for those of you with weak stomachs, look away!
It smelled terrible!

Caution Caution! Under Construction!


Looking better

Looking lots better!

Isn't he handsome!

TADA! all finished . . . kinda

Sorry that some are sideways, I tried. We are almost done! We just need to lay the carpet, and hopefully, that will get done by Saturday-ish. Cause I really don't want to leave for Spokane with my living room still in my Garage!

Scott worked his tail off! I tried to help the best that I could, with "assisting" him :) I could take all the credit for it, But I love him too much. Granted this wasn't how I pictured us spending our anniversary weekend, We were together and that's all that really matters in the end. :)

Thank you Scott for giving me new floors and kinda a new kitchen! :)

5 comments:

nana mac said...

fantastic job!! Isn't it GREAT having a hubby who can DO that kind of thing?? and HE LOOKED good while doing it too!! I raised a regular HUNK, didn't I?!! Great Job Scotty!! And Dianne...I am sure that everything you did was HUGE in accomplishing the final result! It truly looks beautiful.

Tammy said...

Wow, Scott is seriously the handyman of the world! He is amazing. It looks great!I can't wait to see it in person.

Jen Gallacher said...

That looks AMAZING!! You're lucky he's so handy!

J and J said...

that is amazing! Miss you guys like crazy! Hope all is well.

Tim & Nancy said...

That looks beautiful!! I was wondering what was going on at your house with all that sawing:)