Sunday, April 10, 2011

What did YOU do this weekend?

I don't mean do brag. . . OK yes I do. I had a few days off because my Dr.'s took time off to go do a continuing Ed class back east. And where I just visited my family last weekend, I had pretty much nothing to do. So I brushed off my sewing machine and went to work!

I already had a few patterns that I already liked, so I just needed supplies.

I found this psychedelic fabric at Wal-mart for a awesome price, and had the perfect blouse to go with it!

So a few hours later! TA DA


New Birthday outfit! for under $15 I'm quite proud of my self!


Even Molly likes it :) (Just ignore my socks)

Now this skirt is from the same pattern. And I already had the fabric, and because I had practiced on the other one, I busted this one out pretty dang fast!

it's kind of a stretchy Levi material, it has a double slit, I use to have a velvet skirt like it back in the day, for band concerts. So I really like it!

I also bought some more fabric for yet another skirt, it's cut out and half way together but after making these two, I'm kind of loosing speed. But when and IF I finish it I'll post a pic for ya!

3 comments:

Merri Hackett said...

You are too talented. You must have stolen all of mine. :)

Lib said...

So cute..I didn't notice your socks in the first one when you sent it to me..or your puppy. They turned out real cute!

nana mac said...

such talent! These look better in BIG PIC form then they did in my cell phone! I'm glad I came over to your website to see if there was anything I missed...and yeah!! A LOT!!
Your socks ...yeah, I KNOW you said not to look at them...but I did....so glad they aren't part of the outfit! LOL!! Good Job Dianne....glad you like to sew. I wish I could sew better........